Saturday 22 May 2010

Zatanna #1


Zatanna #1
Written by Paul Dini
Art by Stephane Roux

Action Ash
Being a character I don't know much about, this is a book I picked up purely because of what I knew from the animation Justice League Unlimited. Also I read Batman: Streets of Gotham which is also written by Dini, and I like his noir influenced writing style, which really comes through in this book. This is a typical detective story...with magic!
It's mystic noir and it's good.

The artwork is nice too, reminding me a bit, of Terry Dodson but more serious. This is my first taste of Roux in action and I'm liking what I see as he seemingly is the man for the job. Little bit of fan service but no so much as to make it in your face and undermine the story.

This is a promising ongoing that I am looking forward to seeing more of.

!roislecxe

4 Top hats containing white rabbits out of 5

0 comments: