Sunday 23 May 2010

Shadowland


Action Ash

Marvels next event is a street level epic focused around Daredevil and other street level heroes such as Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spidey, Moon Knight and many others.

I'm looking forward to this. It sounds like a cool event on the flipside of the epic world shattering events that Marvel have produced in the last few years.

Also I'm looking forward to the new guy who has taken up the name of Power Man. I am a massive Luke Cage fan and definitely want to see if this kid is deserving of the title. Tbh I think he may be, as his power (from what I've read) seems to be making things explode when punching them. A superpower I would LOVE!


This storyline is looking quite dark for the most part. However, Fred Van Lente, who is scripting the mini series Shadowland: Power Man, in which this new hero is to make his debut, says:

"Our great artist, Mahmud Asrar, and I are trying to prove with this book a 'street' title doesn't have to be noir-drenched angst all the time"

Take that Valhallahan!

3 comments:

Valhallahan said...

I'm all over this like dirt on a hippie!

Action Ash said...

Yeah, it looks wicked!

Valhallahan said...

I'm way behind on Dare Devil, I've read up to the first year of Brubaker's run. I know he's meant to be running the Hand and an underground prison at this point though.

Definitelly trying this.