Thursday 12 August 2010

What I got and Why


Action Ash
It's Thursday again and in England that means NEW COMIC BOOK DAY! So this is what I got:

Hawks of Outremer #3 - If you read my review of the first one you'll know I liked it a lot, and the two subsequent issues haven't disappointed either. In fact, I might boost it's rating to 4 out of 5 based on issues 2 and 3.

X-Men #2 - I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this, with vamps and all, but I enjoyed the first one so hopefully this will be the same.

Morning Glories #1 - Not even sure what this is about but from what I saw on the internets and from flicking through the IRL comic, my interest is officially piqued.

Shadowland: Blood on the streets #1 - Loving Shadowland. It's super geil! The way this mini series looks at peripheral characters interests me. I like it.

Daredevil #509 - Shadowland again. It's written really nicely and the story directly weaves into Shadowland. The art is cool, reminiscent of crime comic art. I think the guys at Marvel have created a new genre here: Ninja Noir. Tell your friends!

X-Force: Sex and Violence #2 - First one was fantastic. I'm hoping this one will be too.

Dungeons and Dragons #0 - I used to play Dungeons and Dragons when I was younger (Shut up, I'm still cool) so I wanted to see what this was like. Hopefully, it's good.

Look out for reviews of some of these (and maybe even a Swap shop if you're good).

That's all folks.

0 comments: